Will the Church Also Face It’s Kodak Moment?
You have probably read of the dire financial straits of Kodak, one of the proud iconic brands during our lifetime. It bet the farm on film and invented digital photography but back then film made more money so it let others do digital. Today it tries to survive by suing other companies for patent infringement since it holds so many of them someone must be violating one of them in smart phone camera and other ubiquitous parts of our lives.
But The Reverend Dr. Frederick W. Schmidt, Jr. , Director of Spiritual Formation and Associate Professor of Christian Spirituality at Southern Methodist University, Perkins School of Theology in Dallas, Texas has another perspective on Kodak, you might find interesting. In a recent blog post on Pateos he asks
- Apple, HTC and RIM Face a Kodak Moment; Sued for Photography related Patent Infringements! (onlygizmos.com)
- You Press the Button. Kodak Used to Do the Rest. (technologyreview.com)
- Kodak was a trusted source, once. – What newsrooms should learn from Kodak (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Kodak reshuffling to avoid bankruptcy (techradar.com)
- Summary Box: Kodak realigns business structure (mysanantonio.com)
- Kodak files new patent infringement suits against Apple, HTC (electronista.com)