Introducing ‘see::community – be::community’
An important next step in our church vitality journey is beginning at the Diocese of California with the launch of be::community the online site housing the growing collection of church vitality webinars. Mary Vargas, a member of the Diocesan Standing Committee, introduced the new offering in a recent posting on the Diocesan newsletter DioBytes:
Realigning Mission through Ministry in Community: Creating the Ministry Map on Vitality
see::community – be::community
is a process designed to engage our people at a new level in exploring which ministries connect them to their neighborhoods (or any place outside church walls), which ministries serve the church, and which ideas are coming to life as emerging ministries — all serving the mission of “transforming souls.” We believe it is through ministry that we are the most effective “evangelists,” creating a direct connection between community, vitality, and growth.
Check it out for yourself.
- Church Metrics = Young Clergy Brain Drain #UMCYCI – How metrics affect church outreach, campus ministry, and young clergy (hackingchristianity.net)
- Mobile ministry: Churches adopting tablets, smartphones (lenovo.com)
- The Evolution of a Youth Minister | Advice from a Youth Ministry Veteran (youthmin.org)
- Ferncliff is Transformational (ferncliffcamp.com)
- How To Find Great Youth Ministry Blogs (youthmin.org)
- Re-evangelizing America with changes in our ministry roles (teddyray.com)